Dream Academy has started!
We’re thrilled that we could start a 3-4 year program for children with their parent in prison, in which we provide them additional, quality experiences, practical information and training so that they can build their dreams and make them come true!
Check our website soon for regular updates!
What little we can offer
Orjana’s mom is depressed. Her sister committed suicide, one of her brothers is addicted to drugs and another is in prison and her father died recently of grief. It makes me think of the blackest psalms of David:
How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me? Psalms 13:1
Our chaplains and social workers meet situations like Orjana’s all the time. Often heartbreaking, and complicated if it comes to ‘solutions’. Fortunately for Orjana we found a local church ready to meet Orjana and her mom almost every day. And when she’s old enough we will take her into the Dream Academy.
Churches inside prisons
We’ve told you before about our mission to build churches inside prisons.
There are 7 places now where men and women meet, pray with each other and care for each other. Every time our colleagues come back from prison with encouraging stories:
– One of the men had his son deadly ill . In front of all other men he testified: “I did not speak to Him, but still God answered my prayer”.
– A young girl finds a safe job in a miraculous way when she wants to to take care for her family, just a couple of hours after she shares this with our chaplain.
– We had trouble getting started in a couple of prisons, but with Gods help we found the right volunteers, got permission of the authorities and are now establishing new groups of men that we could not reach before.
And still.. there are many inmates unreached, unaware of the Living Hope that can become theirs. God promises that they can become a Living Hope themselves- 1 Pet.1:3
You want to be part of this great ministry?
Here’s how you can join us:
– Pray for us. Pray that this special privilege that is granted to us will continue and that we will respond to it wisely.
– Support us with regular donations. This page offers several options.
– Ask for specific ways to cooperate. You can sponsor a ‘Dreamer’ on our Dream Academy, or for the successful rehabilitation of an ex-prisoner.
Your support makes a difference, and enables us to continue our work!
May God bless you abundantly
director Shkbsh Prison Fellowship Albania